Choosing a Dropshipping Niche
Evaluating the dropshipping niche from the point of view of SEO: Google Keyword planner
So where do we start analyzing the niche regarding its SEO perspectives? No doubt the first step is keywords analysis. Every niche name in fact is a keyword. Therefore, first of all you need to estimate the amount of searches for this keyword in Google (and for those that sound alike). You can do it with Google Keyword planner tool.
The algorithm is the following:
1. Sign in to your Google account and open the Keyword planner;
2. Among the options choose “Search for new keywords”;
3. In the dropdown field enter the name of your dropshipping niche, for example “wholesale hats” and press “Get ideas” button at the bottom;
4. You will get the list of keywords that are related to this niche with approximate amount of searches in Google for them. By defaults the date range is 12 months, you can set your own range on the left sidebar.
5. So dogs collars has between 10K and 100K searches which is perfect result for the dropshipping niche – it has some demand but it doesn’t exceed the sensible limits. If there are more than 100K searches, the niche is too wide and the competition there will be simply monstrous. If there are less than 5K searches – skip to the next niche option, this one probably has neither competition nor profit.
We personally rate the results the following way:
If there are 5K-50K searches, the score we assign to this dropshipping niche is 5* since it’s perfect in terms of competition;
For 50K-100K the score is 4* – the competition is great, but there still might be place for you;
For ≤ 5K searches the score is 3* – the niche is all yours, but there’s no profit in it;
For ≥ 100K the score is 2* – the competition is too high, no chances to win.
You can see that Google Keyword planner has only 3 ranges, therefore we advise you to look through the list of related keywords it provides you along with for your query. If there are a lot of keywords with 10-100K searches, it is probably between 50-100K in our scale, if there are mostly 1-10K, it is closer to 5K-50K in our scale.
Also Read: wholesale handbags new york